Bariani Olive Oil
9460 Bar Du Lane
Sacramento, CA 95829
http://www.barianioliveoil.com "Website" is a site which is operated by Bariani Olive Oil (collectively, "we", "us", "our",).
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from December 1, 2012.
What information do we collect?
In general, you can use this Website without giving us any information. However, additional services may be available if we have certain information about you. We may collect the following information:
• account registration information including your name, telephone number, postal address and email address;
• billing information, transaction and credit card information (should you make a purchase with us);
• if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
• information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our products and contact preferences in order to provide you with further correspondence about our products and services.
What do we do with the information we collect?
We use this information to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• internal record keeping;
• to improve our products and services;
• to communicate with you by email, telephone or post if you have ordered or purchased products from us, either regarding the order or purchase or other matters regarding transactions between us or your customer relationship with us;
• to communicate with you with regard to your Barianioliveoil.com account, or your Bariani Olive Oil Business Account;
• if you have purchased a product or requested a catalogue from us, you will be placed on the Bariani Olive Oil mailing list and will receive periodic mailings by post from us (if you do not wish to receive a catalogue and/or periodic mailings by post please contact our customer services department by email at Bariani Olive Oil Customer Services, 1330 Waller St., San Francisco, CA 94117 or by email at [email protected] to let us know and you will be removed from our mailing list);
• to contact you by email, telephone, SMS, MMS or post according to your preferences, in order to share information with you about our products, services and events that may be of interest to you;
• to contact you for market research purposes, if you have not objected to such use. Please note that you can object to the use of your data for market research purposes at any time. To do so please contact our customer services department at Bariani Olive Oil Customer Services, 1330 Waller St., San Francisco, CA 94117 or by email at [email protected] to let us know.
As above, we would like to provide you with information about new products, promotions, special offers and other information, which we think you may find interesting. Where you have consented to us doing so, we may send you such information by postal mail and telephone, unless you have registered with the appropriate Preference Service. If you purchase a product from us we may retain your address for future mailings. If you do not want your information used for direct marketing purposes at any time, please contact our customer services department at Bariani Olive Oil Customer Services, 1330 Waller St., San Francisco, CA 94117 or by email at [email protected] to let us know and we will not send you any direct marketing.
We would also like to provide you with the information above by email. However, we appreciate that email "spam" has become a problem in recent years.
If you are a customer or you have previously asked us for information on our products:
• We may contact you regarding your purchase or other matters regarding transactions between us or your customer relationship with us, or send you information on our range of products by email, unless you have asked us not to do so; and
• We may also use your email address to share information about our products, services and events that may be of interest to you by way of Bariani Olive Oil informational emails, unless you have asked us not to do so.
Otherwise, when you provide us with personal information, we will ask you whether you would like us to send you Bariani Olive Oil informational emails.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us, please click on the unsubscribe link in the email. Alternatively, you may at any time contact our customer services department at Bariani Olive Oil Customer Services, 1330 Waller St., San Francisco, CA 94117 or by email at [email protected]
Who do we share this information with?
We may transfer or disclose your personal information to the following categories of third parties:
• the third party suppliers and vendors we engage to help us run our business;
• a purchaser or potential purchaser of our business.
We will not share your information in any other manner except as otherwise stated above unless we have your permission or are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of Bariani Olive Oil, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction within the framework of the relevant data protection law.
Given that we are an international company, this process may include sending personal information to other countries, whose data protection laws may not be the same as may exist in your country of residence. However, we have taken appropriate steps to ensure a responsible and high level of protection for the processing carried out in all countries in which we operate. Please see the section on 'Security and storage' below.
Notice to California Residents: California's Shine the Light law
Subject to certain limits under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may write to our customer relations department at Bariani Olive Oil, Customer Relations, Bariani Olive Oil Customer Services, 1330 Waller St., San Francisco, CA 94117 or by email at [email protected]
How to get copies of or amend the information we have collected?
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the applicable data protection legislation. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to our customer services department at Bariani Olive Oil Customer Services, 1330 Waller Street, San Francisco, CA 94117 or by email at [email protected]
If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, or you wish to have your details removed from our contact database please write to our customer services department at Bariani Olive Oil Customer Services, 1330 Waller Street, San Francisco, CA 94117 or by email at [email protected] as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as possible.
Security and storage
In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on line.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone..
We may link to other websites which are not within our control. When we do this, we will try and make it as clear as possible that you are leaving our Website. We are not responsible for these websites in any way. Once you have left our Website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.